If you’re a fan of using Discord to chat with your friends, you’ll be happy to know that the platform is rolling out a new feature called Forum Channels. These channels are designed to help users organize their conversations better, and they come with a variety of different features that should make chatting on Discord even more enjoyable.
What are Discord’s new Forum Channels?
Discord’s new Forum Channels are a great way to keep your conversations organized and tidy. You can create separate channels for different topics, or even just for different groups of friends. Plus, if you’re ever feeling lost in a conversation, you can always head to the search function and find what you’re looking for.
How do Forum Channels help organize conversations?
Discord’s new Forum Channels help organize conversations by giving users a dedicated place to discuss specific topics. By creating a forum channel for each topic, users can more easily find and follow discussions that interest them, and avoid getting lost in the general chat. This should help make Discord’s chats more organized and useful for everyone.
What types of channels are there?
There are three types of channels available on Discord: text, voice, and category. Text channels are the most basic type of channel and are perfect for simple conversations. Voice channels allow users to talk to each other in real time, while category channels can be used to organize conversations into different topics.
How to use Forum Channels
Discord’s new Forum Channels are a great way to organize conversations and keep track of important topics. Here’s a quick guide on how to use them:
1. To create a new Forum Channel, head to the Server Settings tab and click on the “Channels” sub-category.
2. Next, click the “Create Channel” button.
3. In the “Create Channel” modal, give your channel a name and description, then choose the “Forum” channel type.
4. Once you’ve created your channel, you can start adding messages by clicking the “Add Message” button.
5. To reply to a message, simply hover over it and click the “Reply” button that appears.
6. You can also add reactions to messages by hovering over them and clicking the “Add Reaction” button.
7. To edit or delete a message, hover over it and click the respective button that appears in the top-right corner.
That’s all there is to using Discord’s new Forum Channels! Be sure to check out the official Discord blog for more information about other upcoming features and updates.
Discord’s new Forum Channels are a great way to keep conversations organized and tidy. The ability to pin important messages will come in handy for discussions that might span multiple days or weeks, and being able to see which channels have unread messages is a nice touch. Overall, these new features should help keep Discord users happy and engaged.